International Student Financial Aid
California University of Pennsylvania welcomes international students from 30 countries worldwide. We provided excellent value and a high-quality college education.
International students have selected options for financial aid. A limited number of undergraduate tuition waivers are available for eligible international students. Graduate students can apply for graduate assistantships, which provide a stipend towards college costs and enhance your education. We encourage you to contact your admissions counselor for more information.
Many international students can qualify for scholarships including the Vulcan Merit Scholarship. The Vulcan Merit Scholarship is awarded to incoming freshman and can be renewed for eight consecutive semesters. Students must meet the minimum 3.0 GPA requirement in addition to a 950 SAT score or an 18 ACT composite score. Qualified applicants can be eligible for an award amount totaling $1,000 to $4,000. (Award amounts are based on GPA and test score).
Private Alternative Loans
International students can also apply for private alternative loans with a U.S. or permanent resident who can serve as a creditworthy co-signer. Other considerations regarding private alternative loans include:
- Borrow only what you need to meet your educational costs.
- Do your research. Ask questions of your lender and find out which loan will benefit you the most.
- Be aware of interest rates, fees and repayment terms before completing the application and promissory note.
- Monitor your total indebtedness to be sure you will be able to repay with interest.
- Understand that co-signers are equally responsible for repayment of the loan and their credit is equally affected.
Below is more detailed information for international students regarding private alternative loans and other possible alternatives.
If you need more assistance to understand your financial aid options, please contact the Financial Aid Office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (724-938-4415). The office is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday.