ACCEPTED STUDENTS: NEXT STEPS
On-Campus International Students
Congratulations on your official acceptance to Pennsylvania Western University!
Follow the checklist below to get ready to join us on campus!
Confirm Your Acceptance
- Confirm your admission to PennWest by paying your $100 tuition deposit using Flywire.
Get Ready to Apply for your Visa
- Submit your Financial Affidavit and accompany bank statements if you have not already done so to our Director of International Admissions, Andrew Conlogue, at email@example.com
Once your finances have been received you receive an email confirming your I-20 form is ready. This email will provide additional information on how to get a hard copy of your I-20 shipped to you. Please feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions!
With your I-20, you will be able to schedule an appointment at your nearest US embassy or consulate to apply for a student visa. You can visit the US State Department’s Visa Information page to locate your nearest consulate, see current visa appointment wait times, and find other useful information.
You are required to pay a fee (called the SEVIS/I-901 fee) to active your student immigration record and attend your visa interview. Visit the I-901 fee website to pay before your visa interview.
- PennWest offers practice ‘mock’ visa interviews to prepare for the real thing! These session also offer a chance to debrief after the mock interview and counseling on how to do your best in the real interview. E-mail Andrew Conlogue at email@example.com to schedule a Zoom session!
- Let us know if any issues or questions come up during your visa interview scheduling. We’re always happy to help!
Access Your PennWest Email
- Set up your password to access your pennwest.edu email account.
- Log into your email account, and check it regularly. Your professors, adviser and others will contact you through your PennWest email instead of your personal email.
Register for Classes
After you deposit, your scheduling advisor will work with you to register for classes for your first semester. Undergraduate students will confirm their schedules at New Student Orientation.
Apply for On-Campus Housing
Finalize your housing and meal plan in myPennWest.
- More information on meal plan options can be found on our Meal Plans website
Prepare for Health and Wellness
- Complete a Medical Information Form with the assistance of your physician. You can find this form on your my.PennWest portal. Proof of coverage must be provided to Andrew Conlogue. For more information, please contact Andrew at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acquire a student health insurance plan that includes medical evacuation and repatriation benefits. Student health insurance is required of all PennWest students. Your plan must be effective in the United States for the entirety of your studies at PennWest California, and proof of coverage must be provided to the International Students Coordinator upon arrival on campus.
Make Your Travel Plans
- Schedule your F-1 visa interview. For more information on your nearest US embassy or consulate and visa wait times, please consult the State Department Visa portal.
- If you have any difficult with obtaining your visa, or questions about the interview process, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Andrew Conlogue at email@example.com
- After you have received your student visa, book your travel to PennWest. The nearest international airport is Pittsburgh International Airport(PIT). If you need assistance traveling from Pittsburgh Airport to PennWest California, please contact Andrew Conlogue at firstname.lastname@example.org make arrangements.
Once you get on campus
- Complete the required Online Orientation
- Settle your bill balance or set up a payment plan in myPennWest.
- Keep copies of your immigration documents.
- Connect with current PennWest international students through Twitter or Instagram
Show your pride!
Post. Snap. Tweet. #PickPennWest