Military and Veterans
Earn your degree. Advance your career.
PennWest California is committed to providing an exceptional education to military service members, veterans and their families. Whether you attend classes on campus or 100% online, you'll receive the career-boosting education you need - and the flexibility and support you deserve.
The Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires educational institutions to make certain disclosures to students using federal military and/or VA educational benefits. You can access a personalized data sheet by visiting Consumer Information | PennWest California. Additional financial information can be found at the NCES College Navigator site or by contacting the PennWest California Office of Military & Veterans Affairs or the PennWest California Financial Aid office.
GI Bill ®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Tuition Assistant Programs
PennWest California participates in Tuition Assistance programs for all branches of the military.
PennWest California is a member of the:
- Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC) consortium of schools.
- National Association of Veterans Program Administrators (navpa.org.)
- Pennsylvania State System Veterans Advisory Network.
MILITARY FAMILY EDUCATION PROGRAM (MFEP)
Spouses and children of Pennsylvania Army or Air National Guard members can attend PennWest California tuition-free under the Military Family Education Program (MFEP).
Authorized by the Pennsylvania GI Bill® (House Bill 1324), the MFEP provides five years of higher education benefits to dependents of Pennsylvania National Guard members who commit to an additional six years of service.
The program provides 10 semesters of tuition-free education for family member(s) at the tuition rate set by Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Benefits begin with the 2020-2021 academic year.
Talk to us about the MFEP and other veterans benefits. Contact the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs at email@example.com or 724-938-4076.
NOTE: The application below is only to request to use VA benefits. The G.I. Bill® Application is not an application for admission to PennWest California. Prospective students must also apply for admission to PennWest California.
GI Bill application:
The 2022 Military and Veteran Banner Applications will be available in September 2022. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Let PennWest California serve you. Our military-friendly services include:
- Military and Veteran Priority Registration Policy (fall 2020 semester).
- A comprehensive Military and Veterans Affairs Office.
- Military tuition discounts and scholarship opportunities.
- A career-focused education with more than 100 undergraduate degrees, 50 professional and graduate programs, and over 75 fully online.
- A university-wide policy from our Office of Military & Veterans Affairs created to help the family members of our global online active service members – assisting them during transitioning to another assignment
- In accordance with Section 1018 of Public Law 116-315, Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020, we continue our strong commitment at PennWest California by identifying a point of contact for covered individuals and family members attending PennWest California.
Military and Veteran Support Services
We're here to help you maximize your military education benefits and realize your goals. PennWest California's Office of Military and Veterans Affairs offers:
- Academic advising.
- Education benefits information and assistance.
- Free services through the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Career coaching and advising.
Whether you're a first-time student seeking an undergraduate degree or are transferring credits to complete a bachelor's degree, master's degree or graduate certificate, we'll walk you step by step through the college admissions and education benefits application process.
PennWest California is one of the most affordable public universities in Pennsylvania. You can enjoy even lower tuition costs by utilizing veterans and military education benefits, military tuition discounts and scholarships.
Take your career to the next-level with a PennWest California education. Our on-campus degree programs are great for veterans as well as military dependents. And our 100% online degrees and certificates are a perfect fit for active-duty military members. All of PennWest California's undergraduate and graduate programs arm you with the skills you need to stand out in today's job market.