Victim Resources

Creating a safe environment at PennWest California is everyone's business.

PennWest California students, faculty and staff are all partners in creating an atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Together, we form a powerful team. 

If you or a student you know has been a victim of sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence or stalking, the University can help respond to your various needs as outlined in the Gender-Based/Sexual Misconduct (Title IX) Policy and as follows:

Student Resources



Survivors of sexual assault are strongly encouraged to go to the Student Wellness Center (G53 Carter Hall, 724-938-4232; open 24 hours on Monday-Friday, 7 p.m.-7 a.m. Saturday-Sunday) for treatment. After initial treatment, the Wellness Center will refer you to Washington Hospital for medical attention and evidence collection.  If desired, the End V Center advocate can accompany you.


The End V (Violence) Center provides a victim advocate who is available 24/7 to students who have experienced sexual assault, dating/domestic violence and/or stalking. The on-call advocate provides crisis intervention and risk assessment, hospital accompaniment, safety planning and emergency accommodations.  The End V Center is located at 117 Natali Student Center, 724-938-5707; office hours are 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.  To reach the advocate after office hours, contact University Police at 724-938-4299. The Center also provides services on an individual and group basis. The advocate empowers students through reinforcing their autonomy and self-determination. Students work to clarify issues and solve problems, make informed decisions, practice self-care, and work to increase self-esteem and self-awareness. Additionally, the advocate provides information and accompaniment to the survivor during the medical, investigative and judicial processes; and facilitates accommodation requests (academic, housing, transportation, work).


Survivors of sexual assault will be referred to the University Counseling Center at 724-938-4056, and/or a local rape crisis center for supportive mental health services.


All University Police officers are trained to assist victims of sexual violence and maintain the crime scene/evidence. Complaints may be filed against the alleged actor(s) by contacting University Police at 724-938-4299.  If the violence occurred off campus, call 911 and the appropriate police agency will respond. When reporting, you may choose to be assisted by an advocate and/or family member. You will not be charged for less serious offenses (i.e. intoxication) if you choose to report.


Complaints may be filed against students alleged to have violated the Student Code of Conduct by contacting the Office of Student Conduct at 724-938-4439.  If a person(s) is found to be in violation of the Student Code of Conduct, sanctions up to suspension or expulsion from the University may result.  Both the respondent and complainant are entitled to have an advocate, family member, friend, attorney and/or others present during a campus disciplinary proceeding for support and shall be informed of the outcome of any campus disciplinary proceedings brought forth regarding the reported sexual assault.  Questions pertaining to past sexual history will be limited. You will not be charged for less serious offenses (i.e. intoxication) if you choose to report.  Educational sanctions may be imposed by the University independent of Commonwealth criminal or civil codes. Complaints against employees should be directed to the Office of Human Resources.



Complaints may be filed against the Respondent by contacting the Title IX Coordinator, Amy E. Salsgiver at,  Title IX prohibits discrimination (including sexual violence) based on sex in the University's education programs and activities.  If desired, the End V Center Advocate can accompany you.