Housed within the Office of Human Resources, our Director of Equal Opportunity, Compliance and Title IX Coordination is here to ensure that federal and Pennsylvania state laws are followed and enforced regarding the right for all to receive an education and to work, as well as to advance in employment on the basis of merit, ability and potential, without fear of discrimination. We work to ensure that the University is in compliance with all federal and Pennsylvania state laws, in addition to policies of Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education, in regard to Equal Opportunity and Title IX protections, including but not limited to:
- Executive Order 11246.
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974.
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
- Pennsylvania Human Relations Act.
- Pennsylvania Fair Education Opportunity Act.
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Reauthorization 2013.
- Campus Sexual Violence Elimination (SaVE) Act 2013.
- PASSHE Policy 2009-03-A: Non-Discrimination Policy
- PASSHE Policy 2014-01-A: Protection of Minors on Campus and Pennsylvania Act 153 of 2014.
The Director of Equal Opportunity, Compliance and Title IX Coordination conducts investigations into all discrimination and sexual harassment complaints, and performs University-wide Discrimination Prevention and Campus Security Authority (CSA) training sessions. In addition, the coordinator provides the required annual employee and student online social equity training courses, and assists with policies and procedures regarding discrimination prevention, Title IX and faculty searches.
Contact us to learn more about Equal Opportunity at Cal U.
Dr. John Burnett
Director of Equal Opportunity, Compliance and Title IX Coordination
Human Resources, Dixon Hall 408
California University of Pennsylvania is committed to Equal Employment and Educational Opportunity in recruitment of its students and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, and/or physical or mental disability.