Transfer Admissions Requirements
A student seeking to transfer to PennWest California from another postsecondary institution and be considered for admission as a degree-seeking student must submit the following:
- Completed application form.
- Application fee.
- Official high school transcript that includes class rank (or GED certificate and scores). This requirement may be waived for individuals with an associate degree or have earned more than 12 credits at a regionally accredited institution.
- SAT or ACT Scores are not required for students who have completed 3 credits of university coursework following completion of high school or attainment of the GED.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
Students seeking to transfer to PennWest California must be in good academic and social standing at the last institution attended in order to qualify for admission. In cases where students have been out of school for at least one semester, special consideration may be given.
These requirements apply to undergraduate students:
- All first baccalaureate degree students will take at least 30 of the last 60 credits from PennWest California.
- All first associate degree students will take at least 15 of their last 30 credits from PennWest California.
- All first baccalaureate and associate students must complete at least 50% of their major coursework from any of the 14 universities that comprise Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education.
- All students completing their first undergraduate certificate must take at least 50% of the credits required for the certificate from one of the 14 universities that comprise Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education.
- All students completing their first undergraduate minor must take at least 50% of the credits required for the minor from one of the 14 universities that comprise Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education.
For active-duty service members, the academic residency requirements will not exceed 25% of the undergraduate degree program. In addition, the residency requirement of 30 of the last 60 credits will be waived.
PennWest California's transfer program is designed to promote and facilitate transferring to PennWest California, and to support the transfer of undergraduate credits earned.
Please be sure to review the transfer admission process for your steps to apply.
Our transfer admission counselor will assist you with any aspect of the transfer process to ensure a smooth transition and the right start. We're a transfer-friendly school: We know you have distinct academic needs. We're ready with the help you need.