Read more from Dr. Dale on the latest guidance for our three campuses.
Dear students and colleagues,
Since the beginning of the pandemic, we have followed the guidelines of the CDC. The latest CDC recommendation advises that indoor masking is only necessary in areas experiencing high-risk levels of COVID-19. Based on the CDC Guidelines and latest data, Washington, Clarion, Venango and Erie counties are not in the high-risk category.
Effective immediately, California, Clarion and Edinboro will no longer require the use of masks inside campus buildings, with the following exceptions:
- When visiting university health and counseling centers;
- When visiting on-campus COVID-19 testing areas;
- While riding on university or public transportation;
- Students involved in educational experiences outside campus, such as internships, clinical and school placements, need to abide by the guidelines of each facility;
- Student-athletes will continue to follow their athletic department, PSAC and NCAA guidelines.
We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 positive cases within the campus community. If a rise in cases on campus occurs, or if the CDC moves one of the counties to Red, a mask requirement may be reinstituted.
Please remember that at all community levels, individuals may still wear a mask based on personal preference, or informed by their personal level or risk. Those with COVID-19 symptoms, those who have received a positive test result in the past 10 days, or those exposed to someone with COVID-19 are still required to wear a mask.
Stay safe and healthy,
Interim President, California University of Pennsylvania
President, Clarion University
Interim President, Edinboro University