Personal and professional development
Start Your Application
Use this application if you wish to register for PennWest California undergraduate courses as a non-degree student for personal enrichment or professional development, even if you do not plan to pursue a degree.START APPLICATION
You can register for PennWest California undergraduate courses as a non-degree student for personal enrichment or professional development, even if you do not plan to pursue a degree.
- You may complete up to 30 credits as a non-degree-seeking student.
- After reaching 30 credits, you must either declare a major or indicate in writing that you do not plan to pursue a PennWest California degree.
- As a non-matriculating/non-degree student, you are not eligible for financial aid.
If you are still exploring your interests, taking courses as a non-degree student without declaring a major is a good way to learn more. Students who begin as non-degree students and later decide to complete a degree must submit all required admissions information (and be in good academic standing) at the time of application.
PennWest California also offers affordable non-credit courses for professional development or personal enrichment.
- Many courses offer continuing education units (CEUs) required for renewal of professional licensures and career development.
- Choose from online, traditional and hybrid classes for non-credit courses.
How to Apply
To apply for admission for personal and professional development as a non-degree-seeking student, provide the following:
- Application for admission (either hard copy or electronic application).
- A nonrefundable $35 application fee, payable to PennWest California.
- An official high school transcript and, if applicable, GED certificate and scores. This requirement is waived for students who hold associate or higher degrees.
- Official copy of your SAT or ACT scores (This requirement is waived for students that completed 3 college credits or have been out of high school for two years).
- Official college transcript indicating degree conferred. If no degree has been earned, submit your official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.