Take college courses to meet your needs.
Sometimes, you want to take college courses to fulfill a particular purpose, but you're not interested in earning an academic degree. We can help.
PennWest California welcomes students at all stages of life who want continuing education but on a non-degree pathway.
PennWest California's non-degree programs to earn academic credit are ideal for a range of learners:
- A student who needs a particular college course to enhance a transcript, complete a prerequisite for graduate school or explore a University program.
- Graduate Non-degree students may take classes for professional enrichment, ACT 48 hours, to raise GPA, and more. APPLY HERE or contact GRADadmissions@pennwest.edu for more information.
- A professional who needs a college course for licensure/certification or wishes to add a course or stackable credential to enhance a resume.
- A visiting undergraduate or graduate student.
- An international student who wants to improve his or her ability to speak, read and understand English.
- A high school student who wants to try out a college course or jump-start college education.
- A retiree who wishes to take tuition-free classes.
High School Early Admit [HSEA]
Get an early start on your college education at PennWest California. If you've completed your sophomore year in high school and you're taking a college preparatory curriculum, take on-campus or online classes at PennWest California. Save on tuition costs and earn course credits for PennWest California or transfer credits to your future college or university.
PennWest California welcomes visiting students from other colleges and universities to register for undergraduate and graduate courses, on campus or online. You may study at PennWest California for one term (summer, fall, winter or spring), then easily transfer credits back to your home college or university.