Learning and Language center
Department of Health & Human Service Professions
The Learning and Language Center Preschool Program at California University of Pennsylvania welcomes children of Cal U students, staff and faculty, as well as families in California and surrounding communities.
The Learning and Language Center is a school under the direct supervision of faculty in the Communication Disorders Program. Cal U graduate and undergraduate students work directly with the children as part of their clinical experience.
About the Preschool
- Preschool will operate on a 2-day format, meaning your child will attend on Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays for the Fall 2021 (September-December) semester. Your child must attend both assigned days upon enrolling in the program.
- To enter, children must have turned 3-1/2 by August and be no older than 5.
- Children must be toilet trained.
Please download the application here.
Submit applications to email@example.com.
Services are provided without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, or disability.
About the Curriculum
The Learning and Language Center Preschool Program uses portions of the Pennsylvania Learning Standards for Early Childhood/Pre-Kindergarten. These standards are descriptions of the skills students should have at each grade level in in English/language arts and math. They are beneficial in ensuring readiness for kindergarten.
Key Learning Areas:
- Approaches to Learning Through Play - Constructing, Organizing and Applying Knowledge.
- Language and Literacy Development - English Language Arts.
- Mathematical Thinking and Expression - Exploring, Processing and Problem-Solving.
- Scientific Thinking and Technology - Exploring, Scientific Inquiry and Discovery.
- Creative Thinking and Expression - Communicating Through the Arts.
The Learning and Language Center Preschool Program utilizes technology to maximize learning. The students have access to a Smartboard, iPads, and computers. The use of technology creates opportunities for facilitated learning of both the educational content and the technological device itself.
The Learning and Language Preschool Program follows CDC, Pennsylvania Department of Education, and University-wide health and safety guidelines.