FROM: Academic Success RE: Attention: Graduate Assistants for Supplemental Instruction (SI) Wanted
8/27/2021 7:59:38 AM
Students, Faculty, Staff
Supplemental Instruction (SI) Graduate Assistant Position:
The Office of Academic Success will be hiring three positions for the fall 2021 semester. Supplemental Instruction is a centralized campus academic resource for ALL students.
· Hours must be completed in the physical office between Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. This is not an on-line positon.
· STUDENT SERVICE! STUDENT SERVICE! STUDENT SERVICE is a MUST!
· Positive attitude
· EXCELLENT communication
· Empathic and caring
· Active Listener
· Reliable and dependable
· Creative thinker
· Effective public speaker
· Critical thinker
· Problem solver
· Observe the SI leaders selected for this semester weekly and provide feedback on how to enrich the SI academic support program.
· Assess weekly SI planning forms documenting progress/concerns and attendance.
· Assist with planning, observing, and recruiting SI leaders and other responsibilities throughout the school year. New Student Orientation by presenting SI sessions, creating and distributing marketing materials.
· Research, develop and update content for our supplemental instruction program.
· Develop various media/technology resources for marketing materials.
· Create videos for social media accounts to post for the upcoming academic year.
· Navigates through Starfish to recruit, contact qualified SI leaders.
· Connects and coordinates on-line and on-campus students with the availability of SI sessions.
· Assists with hands-on presentations, demonstrations, training sessions and a variety of workshops and hosts information at events.
· Responds appropriately to on-campus and online when necessary.
· Compiles survey results.
· Additional tasks as assigned.
· Starfish our Early Alert System is heavily used in supplemental instruction. Training will be provided if a position is offered.
Application Procedure: Click Here to apply
Contact: Tyton Brunner at 724-938-1599 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if interested