Graduate on Time

We love having you at PennWest California - but it's our goal to help you earn your degree and graduate as efficiently as possible. In addition to providing support for your academic progress, the Office of Academic Success offers tools that can help you stay on course toward graduation. 

Keep on track with the Four-Year Graduation Plan

PennWest California's Four-year Graduation Plan is our commitment to keeping you on target toward completing your college degree in just four years.

This no-cost program provides a combination of advising, priority course scheduling and individual attention so you can continue to make steady progress toward your bachelor's degree.

Students begin the Four-Year Graduation Plan when they enroll as first-time freshmen. By following the plan, they make steady progress toward graduation.


View your progress with DegreeWorks.

DegreeWorks is a useful tool that allows you to track your own progress toward your PennWest California degree. It also allows you to model alternate degrees, see how your credits would transfer, or see which courses you will need in the future.

You can log in to VIP to check out DegreeWorks or read the DegreeWorks instructions for how-to information.

Points to remember about DegreeWorks:

  • The DegreeWorks audit is a tool. The dean of your College has the final say as to what classes will or won't count toward graduation. Work closely with your faculty adviser.
  • For questions or concerns regarding transfer credit applications, contact your faculty adviser or the Office of Articulation and Transfer in Dixon Hall. You can reach the office at or 724-938-5939.
  • Course substitutions must be approved by the dean of your College. A course substitution form must be completed in the departmental office and then approved by the dean. The substitution will not be reflected in your audit until the form has been processed.
  • If you have any questions or concerns regarding your audit, contact Academic Records at