Institute for Law and Public Policy
The Institute for Law and Public Policy at PennWest California sponsors continuing education courses for a broad range of professionals through the Department of Humanities at PennWest California.
The institute is dedicated to promoting education, scholarship and public policy discourse for lawyers and law enforcement professionals throughout southwestern Pennsylvania.
The Institute for Law and Public Policy also offers these courses:
- Crime Scene Investigations: This five-day training course in applied forensic science is approved by the Pennsylvania State Division of the International Association for Identification. Topics include crime scene planning and strategy, latent prints, forensic photography, DNA and death investigation. Complete the course to earn a University Certificate in Applied Forensic Sciences. Cost is $395.
- Criminal Investigations: Participants who complete this five-day course receive a Certificate in Criminal Investigations. The credential verifies your training and can aid when testifying in court. Topics include computer and high-tech crimes, crimes against persons, drug crimes, death investigations, forensics, trial preparation, and media relations. Cost is $395.
- Advanced Investigations: These certification courses are considered approved training by the Pennsylvania
State Division of the International Association for Identification. Classes are available
- Advanced Latent Print
- Advanced Forensic Photography
- Advanced Death Investigations
For more information about seminars offered through the Institute for Law and Public Policy, to request a specific training program, or to discuss any of the institute's continuing education programs, email Shelli McCall, the institute's administrative assistant, at email@example.com.
The Institute for Law and Public Policy is based in the Department of Business, Economics and Communications, Manderino Library at PennWest California. Contact the institute's director, Dr. Christina A. Toras, with any questions, ideas, comments or concerns.