Online Nursing Degree Programs at PennWest California
Whether you wish to advance within the nursing profession or earn a specialized MSN or MBA degree, PennWest California offers a degree program that can help you reach your goals.
Or begin your career by becoming a registered nurse through one of PennWest California's educational partners. Your credits will transfer easily to PennWest California's RN-to-BSN (Bachelor of Nursing) degree program.
Learn more about the nursing program that's right for you.
For registered nurses with a diploma or associate degree:
For nurses seeking a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree:
For nurses with an MSN in Nursing Administration:
For nurses seeking a post-master's certificate:
For individuals who want to become registered nurses:
Become an RN through one of our educational partnership programs and your credits will transfer easily to PennWest California's RN-to-BSN program.
PennWest California also has articulation (credit transfer) agreements with these schools:
- Jamestown Community College, New York
- Pittsburgh Technical College
- UPMC Schools of Nursing:
- West Penn Hospital School of Nursing - AHN
- Westmoreland County Community College
Are online nursing programs accredited?
Not all online nursing programs are accredited that you may find online. Accreditation for a nursing degree is separate from the university as a whole to ensure that the curriculum of the program is up to the standards of the field of interest. The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at PennWest California are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
Here are some reasons why accreditation is important for nursing programs:
- Employers look for accreditation of online programs: The legitimacy of an online program can be questioned by employers, but having an accredited status from a reputable agency like the CCNE establishes each specific program as a reliable resource for nurses.
- Students can easily find trusted educational partners: Not only should the specific nursing program be accredited, but the online school should as well. Accreditation makes it easier for a prospective student to trust that his/her degree will hold up to industry standards.
- Same standards: Accreditation organizations hold online programs to the same accreditation process as traditional schools. Often times, online accreditation requires universities to also show they have experience and training in teaching in a virtual environment.
- Curriculum meets or exceeds current industry trends and technologies: No matter if you are a nurse or a doctor, technology is rapidly changing the healthcare industry. Accredited online nursing programs have to conduct assessments of student learning outcomes as well as curriculum reviews. These reviews ensure that as a student, you are learning the latest techniques and information in the field.