Global Online Student Complaint Process
Global Online undergraduate and graduate students who have a grievance, complaint or concern related to particular Global Online courses (or who have other Global Online concerns unrelated to courses) can follow these steps to communicate with Cal U faculty or staff for resolution.
- First, contact the faculty member to try to resolve the matter, in accordance with the procedures and policies outlined in Cal U's academic policies.
- If you are unable to resolve the issue with the faculty member, you may contact the department chair. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the department chair, you may contact the dean of your respective college or the graduate school.
- If you still are unable to resolve the issue, you may submit a complaint in writing, via email, to Douglas Hoover, Associate Provost, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be sure to review information below on how to submit a Cal U Global Online Student Complaint .
- Each submission received will be acknowledged within two business days.
- Please note that grievances, complaints or concerns submitted through this process that relate to a particular course, program or department may be forwarded to and discussed with the faculty member, department chair or academic dean as we pursue resolution.
Online Student Complaint Format
To ensure that Cal U has all the necessary information to review and resolve your complaint, please include all of the following elements in the complaint email you submit to Cal U.
Your email subject line must include: Global Online Student Complaint - Last Name, First Name - Student ID #
In the body of the email, please provide the following information:
- Your name.
- Your program.
- Whether you are a current student or prospective student.
- Summary of complaint.
- Your email address.
- Your phone number.
- Preferred contact method (phone or email):
- Best time to contact you.
Additional steps to follow:
- Provide a detailed overview of what you have done up to this point in following Cal U's Academic Policies in order to resolve your concern/complaint.
- Include as attachments any relevant documentation that supports your complaint.
- Send your completed email to Doug Hoover, Associate Provost, at 724-938-4096 or email@example.com.
In compliance with U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) rules, an accredited institution offering distance education must provide enrolled and prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accrediting agency and with the appropriate state agency for handling complaints in the student's state.
California University of Pennsylvania strives to resolve prospective and current student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Global Online students who have exhausted all efforts to satisfactorily resolve a complaint in a timely manner through Cal U Global Online may seek further guidance from their home state as listed below.
Questions may be directed to Doug Hoover, Associate Provost, at 724-938-4096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.