FROM: Homecoming Committee RE: Interested in running for Homecoming King/Queen? PACKETS NOW AVAILABLE AT THE INFORMATION CENTER!
8/31/2021 1:03:37 PM
Interested in running for Homecoming King/Queen?
PACKETS NOW AVAILABLE AT THE INFORMATION CENTER IN NATALI LOWER LOBBY!
2021 Homecoming King & Queen Applications Available!
NOTE: PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE APPLICATION PACKET! INFORMATION BELOW ONLY INCLUDES HIGHLIGHTS. REFER TO THE COMPLETE PACKET FOR FULL DETAILS.
Procedures and qualifications for 2021 "Welcome Home" Homecoming King & Queen Applicants
- Candidates must complete a petition for nomination to run for Homecoming King or Queen. Petitions are part of the packet; packets are available at the Information Center in Natali.
- Petitions must be signed by fifty (50) California University of PA students, including their CALU email address.
- Qualifications for the candidate include:
- Must be a current full-time, undergraduate, student at California University of PA.
- Must be a paid member in good standing of the Student Association, Inc. (Paid member is defined as any regularly enrolled student of the University who has paid all established fees shall be members of the Corporation)
- Must have successfully completed at least 50 credits.
- Must have an accumulative 2.25 Grade Point Average.
- Must submit an academic transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted).
IMPORTANT DATES & INFORMATION:
- Candidates must complete the Press Release Information Sheet and Candidate Policies and return it with the petitions to the Information Center, Natali Student Center Lower Lobby, no later than 3:30 PM, Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
· Elections for Queen and King will be held using PAPER BALLOTS:
· Sunday, September 26th from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. in the Natali Student Center Lobby
· Monday, September 27th from 8:00 a.m. – 9 p.m. in the Natali Student Center Lobby
· Each candidate will submit their own photo (one pose), this photo will be used for publication in the online edition of the California Times and posted in the voting area (see full packet for photo guidelines).
- Candidates may campaign in the residence halls on Sunday, September 19th, and Monday, September 20th only and must be escorted by a resident of that hall. The candidates for Homecoming King and Queen cannot campaign in the Residence Halls past 10:00 PM.
Questions? E-mail Missy Dunn at Dunn@calu.edu.