FROM: Peer Mentoring Office RE: Peer Mentor Coordinator Work Study Positions Available!
8/24/2021 10:02:51 AM
The Peer Mentoring Office has multiple Peer Mentor Coordinator (PMC) work-study positions available for 2021-2022!
- Assist mentoring staff with recruiting and facilitating mentor/protégé relationships
- Support First Year Seminar (FYS) faculty in one or more assigned FYS courses
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of mentor/protégé data
- Plan, promote, and execute events for mentor program participants
- Support the Office of Academic Success with additional programs and initiatives for students
Requirements to apply:
- Must be a current trained peer mentor
- Must have a 3.0 GPA and be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Must be at least a sophomore for the 2021-22 academic year (second semester freshmen may be considered)
- Must have filed a 2021-22 FAFSA and qualify for work-study through the Financial Aid Office
Preferred skills and qualities:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and self-motivating
- Empathetic and trustworthy with others
- Ability to problem-solve and be flexible
- Involvement with clubs, organizations, or other leadership roles
This position is 8 hours per week at minimum wage. Hours are flexible with your class schedule!
If you would like to apply, please submit this form. Applicants will be selected after a brief interview.