Department of Health and Human Service Professions
To all of his classes, Dr. Skwarecki brings over 30 years of experience as a licensed/certified speech-language pathologist working with individuals of all ages and diverse impairments in a wide variety of medical and educational settings. These include hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, home care, outpatient clinics and early intervention. Areas of clinical and research interest are: speech science, voice disorders, dysphagia, augmentative and alternative communication, adult and child language disorders, and research methodology. Dr. Skwarecki has been at CalU since 2000 and in 2016 received the Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Carlino, N., Procaccini, S., Skwarecki, R. The Evolving Role of The SLP in Geriatric Preventative Medicine. Pennsylvania Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Convention. April 2018
- Skwarecki, R, Joseph, D., How Much is Enough? Amounts Children Swallow from Prepackaged Drinks. Pennsylvania Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Convention. April 2017
- Skwarecki, R., Carlino, N., Procaccini, S. Electronic Medical Record Conversion for the University Clinic: Aligning Student Training with Healthcare Practices. American Speech-Language Hearing Association Annual Convention, November 2014.
- B.S. Biologi: Duquesne University
- M.S. Speech-Language Pathology: University of Pittsburgh
- Ph.D. Speech-Language Pathology: University of Pittsburgh
Office: Morgan Hall Room 288