Department of Computer Science, Information Systems and Engineering Technology
- Expertise in computer networking
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) instructor
- Personal Productivity Software
- Problem Solving and Programming Constructs
- Computer Programming I
- Client-Side and Server-Side Scripting Languages
- Cisco CCNA 1, 2 and 3
- Theory of Languages
- Design and Implementation of Database-driven Websites
- L. Kovalchick, G. Boff and P. Kovacs (2013). Using Live Projects in an Information Systems Capstone. Issues in Information Systems (IIS) 14(2) 149-155.
- G. Jesse, P. Kovacs and L. Kovalchick (2012). A Model for Engaging Students, Communities and Colleges through the Integration of Service-Learning Projects into Information Systems Courses. Issues in Information Systems (IIS) 13(1) 310-3
Selected Conference Publications
- A. Peslak, P. Kovacs, G. Davis, J. Scarpino, L. Kovalchick, W. Ceccucci (2014). Paper: Age and Gender Differences of Students' Assessments of Online, Hybrid and On-Ground Learning. Proceedings of the Information Systems Educators Conference (ISECON), Baltimore, Maryland, 6-9 November 2014.
- L. Kovalchick and G. Boff (2014). Abstract: The National Center for Women & Information Technology (NCWIT) Coalition and the NCWIT Award for Aspirations in Computing. Proceedings of the Pennsylvania Association of Computer and Information Science Educators Conference (PACISE), California, PA, 4-5 April 2014 .
Service Learning Projects
- Participated in SciGirls Training, St. Paul, MN, May 2015.
- Obtained National Science Foundation Grant: PA STEM Girls Collaborative Project, awarded by the Ed Lab Group received Summer 2014. This grant encourages girls to promote careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- Obtained Techbridge Role Models Matter Grant, awarded by the Ed Lab Group received Spring 2013. This grant encourages the use of STEM role models in the classroom.
- Presents computing day camps to girls enrolled in the Female Alliance for STEM Excellence (FASE) STEM Discovery Summer Camp, every summer since 2012
- Participated in the Mobile Enhanced Inquiry Based Learning (MEIBL) Workshop, Abilene, TX, July 2011
- B.S.: Mathematics and Computer Science, California University of Pennsylvania
- M.S.: Computer Science, West Virginia University
- Ph.D.: Computer and Information Science, West Virginia University
Office: Eberly Hall Room 314