Internship Coordinator: Professional Golf Management
Department of Exercise Sciences and Sport Studies
J.R. Pond joined the team at California University of Pennsylvania in August 2017 after five seasons as the PGA head golf professional at Lone Pine Country Club in Washington, Pa. With 12 years' experience working at public and private golf facilities in the Pittsburgh region and nearly 20 years in the golf industry, Pond brings a wealth of industry knowledge into the classroom.
Expertise in merchandising, tournament operations, golf operations management, instruction, and player development programs contribute to the learning environment for the students of the Professional Golf Management (PGM) Program.
Pond considers himself a student of the game and the business of golf, always seeking to bring the latest information about the golf industry into the classroom.
- Intermediate Topics in Professional Golf Management
- Teaching of Golf I
- Golf Operations
- Advanced Topics in Professional Golf Management
- Teaching Golf II
- Professional Golf Management Internship III, IV, V
- Professional Golf Management Player Development Program
Professional Affiliations and Service Learning Projects
- PGA of America - Tri-State PGA Section Professional
- Pond, along with Justin Barroner and the Professional Golf Management Student Society, coordinates a fund-raising golf tournament each year - "Tee-It-Up Fore Tots" - for the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh.
- B.A. California University of Pennsylvania: Professional Golf Management
- Graduate Student: Exercise Science and Sport Studies - Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
Office: Gallagher Hall 215