60+ College Advantage Program
Become a Lifelong Learner
The College Advantage Program enables Pennsylvania residents age 60 and older to take courses tuition-free at California University of Pennsylvania.
Older Pennsylvanians may earn credits toward a bachelor's or master's degree, or take classes for personal or professional development. Doctorate degrees are not included in this program.
As a 60+ CAP student at Cal U, you may choose to:
- Receive a grade for the course you complete.
- Audit a course, which means you will not receive a grade or credit. The course will be listed on your transcript without affecting your grade-point average. Once you register to audit a course, it cannot be converted to a credit course.
Costs for 60+ CAP
Tuition is waived for students who qualify for the College Advantage Program. You are responsible to pay all University fees, and to cover the cost of books and supplies required for the course.
Credits Per Semester
60+ CAP participants may register for up to 18 credits each semester. You may register
for up to 21 credits with special approval.
Apply for Admissions to 60+ CAP
To apply for the College Advantage Program you must:
- Complete the application for undergraduate or graduate admission (either hard copy or electronically).
- Submit a nonrefundable $35 application fee, payable to California University of Pennsylvania.
- Submit an official high school transcript and, if applicable, GED certificate and scores. (This requirement is waived for students who hold and associate, bachelor's or master's degree.)
- Submit your official college transcript(s).
- Declare on the application and request that official transcripts be submitted to the Office of Admissions from all post-secondary institutions attended at the time of acceptance. Students will not be granted transfer credits from other institutions after acceptance. Submit the 60+ CAP Verification Form along with proof of age, such as copy of drivers license or birth certificate.